I’m Hayley, but a lot of my friends call me Hay.
I have no idea to do with this page.
Age isn’t everything, so here’s some stuff about me in a nonsensical list.
- I’m married to my best friend. End of story. Best friend = married. (Doesn’t that fun fact make you want to read my books? Man, I am such a good storyteller.)
- I’m a writer. I’m writing a few novels right now. RIGHT NOW. Okay, so not RIGHT NOW. RIGHT NOW I’m writing this…OR AM I? :-).
- I’m also a pharmacist. It pays the bills et beaucoup de loans. My mom didn’t tell me until I was in pharmacy school, but I exist because of a drug interaction that made my mom’s birth control less effective. So, apparently my life has always revolved around drugs.
- I love numbers. I’m kind of obsessed with digital clocks because I can play with the numbers. For example: It is currently 10:42– a beautiful time for many mathematical reasons. Nevermind that 4 and 25 are my favorite numbers- both of which can be found in that time(4 obvi. 25 notsomuch… 1+4 = 5 and the 2 is already present…lovely, just lovely) BUT 10:42 is also beautiful because:
10 and 42 and 1 and 0 and 4 and 2. so many things can be done with those numbers to equal eachother and I <3 it. (1+0+4+2=7, 42/7=6 which also happens to be 4+2×1. Ahhh, sometimes numbers just relax me.) Don’t worry about it. I can’t explain my love for numbers very well. I just like round, happy, equivalent numbers. If you ever find me staring at a clock, I am probably lost in a numberlovingreverie.
- I love my super-interesting life. You may not find my life super-interesting, but I do. I don’t talk about my life in conversation much because EVERYONE has an interesting life. Every single person has something way more meaningful and way more influential than what I’ve experienced. On my blog I will post more about my crazy life than I would ever mention if we were talking in person. The death thing is kind of a big deal though. I guess a national primetime gameshow would be considered a big deal too (pun completely intentional). Oh yeah – surviving the Tuscaloosa tornado on April 27, 2011 fits into the kindofabigdeal category too.
- I am partial to pockets. I especially like the nerdy front chest pocket. The only requirement for my wedding dress was: pockets.
If you are interested in learning more about me (Really?) I will refer you to my first blog post.
“Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn’t love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that” (Ephesians 5:1, 2 MSG)
Also, I want to love people like that.